WHILE IN THE AREA, WHY NOT CHECK-OUT THE FOLLOWING:
- Gallipoli (see tours section for info)
- Assos (see cultural tour for info)
- Diving and snorkeling WW1 wrecks (see tours section for info)
- Kilitbahir castle – just a 40min walk from Eceabat. The small village of Kilitbahir has an original Ottoman fort as its main attraction. The castle/fort is being restored and has museum sections open during the summer showing remnants of the Gallipoli campaign.
- Canakkale castle museum exhibits war relics from all of Turkeys battle history.
Naval Museum. Located harbourside at Canakkale, has many old photos from WW1 and an interactive computer program which allows you to view the naval history of the Gallipoli campaign.
- Walk through the back streets of Eceabat to see village life. Guests usually end up with an entourage of local children following them, very excited to have visitors wandering their streets. A game of street soccer often ensues and all are welcome to join in.
Many local festivals are held in the town square. Information on times and schedules can be found in the reception of Eceabat hotel.